What is the school schedule?
- Preschool - The preschool hours are 8:15am to 11:45am for preschool only students and 7:30am to 5:30pm for full time (preschool and before/after school care).
- Transitional Kindergarten - School begins at 8:00am and is dismissed at 12:00pm all days.
- Kindergarten - School begins at 8:00am and is dismissed at 2:00pm all regular school days.
Grades 1-8 - School begins at 8:00am and dismiss at 3:00pm (*) on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. School dismisses at 2:00pm on Thursdays for faculty collaboration time.
* Minimum days begin at 8:00am and is dismissed at 12:30pm for K-8
What are the tuition and fees?
Please refer to the admissions application for both the preschool and TK-8 under the program drop down menu for the most current tuition and fees.
Is financial aid available?
- Preschool - Financial aid is not available for the preschool program.
- TK-8 - Financial aid to administered by FACTS. Information regarding financial aid can be found under admissions/financial assistance.
Does the school provide before and after school care?
- Preschool - After school care is offered from 7:30 - 8:15am & 11:45am to 5:30pm for students registered for fulltime preschool. An afternoon snack is offered and supervised activities.
TK-8 - Our extended care is available for students enrolled at Sacred Heart School during school days. The hours of operation are 7:00-8:00am and 3:15 – 5:45pm (12:00pm for transitional kindergarten students). The program provides an after school snack, homework supervision, supervised playground activities, art and crafts as well as indoor and outdoor activities. Extended care fees can be found on the website under programs/extended care and in the extended care enrollment packet.
What curriculum and standards are used?
- Preschool - The preschool’s curriculum contains both academic and play based instruction.
TK-8 - Sacred Heart School offers a challenging academic program that aligns with the California State Standards. Our goal is to prepare each student fully for the next academic year and beyond.
Do students have to wear uniforms?
Students are required to arrive in uniform and neatly groomed daily. Uniforms can be purchased through Dennis Uniforms and spirit wear can be purchased through Ace High Designs. Links are available on school’s website. The uniform and shoe guidelines are outlined in the Family Handbook (located under programs/TK-8).
What is the family service program?
The program serves as a reminder that we want you to be a significant part of our school life. Our program offers a variety of ways in which you can offer you help and share your talents. All families are required to contribute 35 hours of service per school year.
What is required to volunteer?
Per the Diocese of Monterey, all school volunteers must be Life Scan fingerprinted, complete the Virtus online training and volunteers who wish to drive on field trips must complete the online Safe Driver course. Volunteers must also show proof of a TB test every four years. Information and forms for fingerprinting, Virtus and safe driver training are available in the front office and on the school’s website.